Daniel Talbot as Dan
June 29th, 2011
The following morning, Raymond arrives at Merecombe and immediately tells Brian about what he overheard. As they discuss what the diesel said, Dave suddenly announces that he and Leanne are going on holiday to Wales to meet her family. As the other engines congratulate them and they prepare to leave, Brian suddenly realises what's happening: Leanne was going to be scrapped, but has struck a deal to replace herself with Dave.
The two engines chase Dave and Leanne to the junction, but Dave doesn't believe them. Leanne quietly boasts that Dave doesn't care about them and they leave. At first Raymond wonders if Leanne is right, but Brian states that a Dark Railway engine looks out for his fellows. Raymond takes this to heart and they follow Dave and Leanne.
Eventually, Dave and Leanne arrive in Wales. Dave continues to be oblivious to her intentions until they arrive at the scrapyard. Realising that his friends were right, Dave tries to leave, but he can't due to his lack of crew. Dan arrives and begins to take Dave into the yard, but Brian and Raymond arrive and rescue him just in time. The trio escape the scrapyard, leaving Leanne to be taken into the yard by Dan instead.
A few hours later, the three engines return to the Dark Railway, and tell the other engines what happened. They reprimand him for his foolishness before setting out to work. Dave asks Brian to leave him and Raymond alone to talk, and thanks him for saving him. He apologises for how he addressed him the previous day, admitting he was just trying to impress Leanne. Raymond assures him that he isn't like other diesels, and will not change when modernisation occurrs. Dave, Brian and Raymond soon become best friends, doing everything together from then on.
- Sir Eustace Missenden
- The Scrapyard Engines (do not speak)
- Theo and Otto (cameo)
- Mr. Dark (mentioned)
- This episode marks the last appearances of Leanne and Dan until The Missing Christmas Presents.
- Brian references a remark he made about looks eventually killing Dave in The Party. Leanne also makes a similar comment, lampshading this.
- This episode marks the official formation of the trio of main characters.
- In the close up of Raymond as they escape the scrapyard, Dan suddenly stops. This is due to a glitch in the simulator which stops one engine moving while the game is focused on another.
- Dave's crew are still on Dave's footplate throughout the scrapyard scenes, despite the fact the narrator says that they were removed from the footplate. It is explained that Dark DJ, still learning how to modify the game, did not know how to remove the crew assets for the filming of these scenes.