|The Beauty Overheard|
Daniel Talbot as Dan
June 22nd, 2011
Dave and Leanne work alongside each other for the rest of the day. That night, they return to the sheds a few hours before Brian and Raymond, who have been working in Newport all day. Brian immediately goes to sleep, but Raymond stays awake, with his driver asleep in his cab.
Suddenly, Raymond notices Leanne leaving the sheds alone. Waking his driver, he follows her down to Galen Junction, where she is talking to a very large diesel. The diesel warns her to bring someone to him tomorrow at noon, or she will take his place. Leanne returns to Merecombe, leaving Raymond wondering just what she is up to.
- Dan (not named)
- Theo and Otto (mentioned)
- Sir Eustace Missenden (mentioned)
- Owen (mentioned)
- Ryan (mentioned)
- Gary (mentioned)
- Flying Scotsman (mentioned)
- Neil (mentioned)
- Lars (mentioned)
- Rupert (GTSE) (mentioned)
- This is the shortest episode in the series to date.
- When Brian and Raymond return to Merecombe, the mentioning of Newport and the characters Gary, Flying Scotsman, Lars, Rupert, and Neil are references to the series Gary the Steam Engine, a series which Dark DJ is a fan of and a friend of the creator. These characters are due to re-appear on Dark DJ Productions in the reboot of Gary the Steam Engine in 2017.
- It is implied that the events of this episode take place on the same day as Something's In the Air, but the end of that episode stated that Leanne remained in the sheds for the rest of the day rather than hauling passengers with Dave. It is assumed that the events of this episode actually occurred on the following day.