Series 2 of The Dark Railway Series was released in 2011. The series consisted of ten episodes.
- Dave's Reward - Dave is sent to be repainted, but doesn't return in the livery he wanted.
- Dave and Dai - A visting engine is teased by the other engines due to his age.
- Colin and the Coaches - A new tank engine gets into trouble on his first passenger train.
- Tenders - Dai severely damages his tender, and has to use a rather embarassing replacement.
- Allan - The new diesel shunter thinks he is the best shunter in the world, but soon learns otherwise.
- Hide and Seek - The engines decide to play a game on a very boring day.
- Goodbye, Dai - Dai's time on the railway comes to an end.
- Eddie and Maxen - A pair of new engines arrive, but one quickly starts a rivalry with Dave and Colin.
- Some Kind of Fuel - Eddie tells the other engines about a bad experience with drugs.
- Taking Out the Trash - Maxen goes too far, and the engines plot to get rid of him.
Characters introduced Edit
- The BR Standard 9F
- John and Francis
- Hinderton Hall (not named)
- The Somerset and Dorset Railway Engines (do not speak)
- Rhys Davies as Dai and the Standard 9F
- This is the only series to have episodes filmed in the TSX mode of Train Simulator 2012.
- This series is set between 1961 and 1962.