Series 1 of The Dark Railway Series aired in 2011. The series consisted of ten episodes.
- Pilots - Raymond and Sir Eustace have to pull a managers special together.
- The Party - Theo and Otto invite the other engines to a party at Merecombe.
- The Shunter's Gamble - Owen and Ryan pull a passenger train for the first time.
- Will and Won't - Owen and Ryan are left in charge, and Owen goes mad with power.
- Dave's Dating Tips - Dave offers other engines advice on getting partners.
- Something's In the Air - Dave's new girlfriend, Leanne, arrives on the railway.
- The Beauty Overheard - Raymond overhears the truth about Leanne.
- The Betrayal - Brian and Raymond set out to rescue Dave from Leanne.
- The Road to Radstock - Dave, Brian and Raymond are sent by the twins to collect some mysterious goods.
- Sir Eustace's Secret - Sir Eustace makes a decision on his future.
- Theo and Otto
- Sir Eustace Missenden
- Sir Edgar Woolwinder
- The Security Diesels
- Mr. Dark
- Mr. Walton
- Wilton (not named; does not speak)
- The Dating Engines (do not speak)
- The Scrapyard Engines (do not speak)
- Ethel (does not speak)
- 257 Squadron (cameo)
- Daniel Talbot as Dan
- This was the only series to be filmed in Railworks 2: Train Simulator.
- This series is set in 1960.